Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time within a Locality and Children with Disabilities Team based in Swindon. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with the SWE.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is from £36,070 to £39,000 per annum, retention payments on top of salary; £3000 in year 1, £2000 in year 2 and £1000 in year 3.
- To undertake professional and comprehensive casework for a complex caseload of children and young people.
- To maintain high professional standards and good overall knowledge of relevant legislation regulation and practice methods, ensuring that you are abreast of new developments. Provide guidance and support to less experienced staff to help them develop their professional skills and knowledge.
- As lead professional, to contribute to the provision of good quality services which integrate government and local initiatives and guidance (including Working Together, Child Protection procedures, Looked After Children's processes, the Assessment Framework and Common Assessment Framework).
- Manage an allocated caseload appropriate to the extensive experience of the Experienced Social Worker, to include complex assessments of children, families and parenting and other work to meet statutory requirements.
- Work within Swindon Borough Council's policies, procedures and good practice guidelines in order to meet the needs of the children and families allocated.
- Work with children and young people, families, carers and communities to help them make informed decisions, engender change enabling them to clarify and express their needs, and contribute to service planning.
- Maintain up to date case notes and other records, utilising relevant IT systems, and write reports, including court reports, and give expert evidence in court.
- Undertake specialist assessments, for your and other workers' cases, for court proceedings, including parenting and kinship assessments.
- Ensure that casework is up to date, comprehensively written up, and managed within agreed timescales.
- Ensure your manager is kept fully appraised of problems arising from cases or work load and to seek advice as and when necessary.
- When working with families, to recognise monitor and assess risk. To ensure information about risk is escalated to managers in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with service users and other professionals.
- Model good practice helping to set the expectations for others.
- Where appropriate act as the duty worker for the team responding to queries and issues.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Recognised and relevant professional qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS.
- Registered with the Social Work England (SWE)
- Significant post qualification experience in a Local Authority child protection children's services setting.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.