Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Bracknell within the Hospital Discharge Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £28.38 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Overseeing hospital discharges under the Discharge to Assess Framework / Care Act. To work as a Social Worker as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- To provide support to older people with diagnosed memory problems who need social care because of their mental health and/or memory problems.
- To work in collaboration with colleagues from health and social care to respond to urgent requests for assessment/monitoring/support to people with a diagnosis of dementia or significant mental health disorder who are presenting with a physical health problem to prevent hospital admission and to facilitate a co-ordinated discharge back into community.
- To work in collaboration with the intermediate care team to facilitate reablement when identified. The team works closely with colleagues in the NHS to ensure that needs are met holistically and, in the ways, most appropriate to the person and their family carers.
- The role is to coordinate the identification of those needs and develop support plans to meet those needs within the personal budget available, maximising choice, control and independence. To ensure that the social care needs of people are met, within the eligibility criteria of the department, by working in partnership with people who use the service, their carers, professionals and other agencies, and service providers.
- To support in delivering and maintaining high standards of performance ensuring continuous development and supporting people to fulfil their roles to maximum effectiveness within allocated resources.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Keiran Driver; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.