Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Tower Hamlets, within the Fostering Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £35,676 - £46,021 per annum.
Duties of the Social Worker:
- To provide high quality casework and service to vulnerable children and families, ensuring social work practice is in the best interest of children.
- Safeguard children and improve outcomes for children in terms of their health, education, social and emotional well-being. This involves providing a service to users that ensures that assessments, care plans and actions are in place to promote the longer-term safety, welfare and well-being of children and young people, enabling them to maximise their life chances.
- Provision of social work services, working with individual service users, providing early help, undertaking assessments, interventions and reviews, in line with professional frameworks and National Performance indicators and other relevant local and national guidance, for children in need, those subject to child protection and criminal justice processes, looked after children and care leavers and their carers; providing advice, assistance, counselling and other forms of personal assistance with the aim of empowering, enhancing and protecting individual welfare.
- Contribute, as an active member to a positive team culture, to achieve the objectives of the service, working with Signs of Safety as our overarching analytical practice framework.
- Be a positive role model for children and families and build partnerships with others to work collaboratively.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job and participate in appropriate training/development activities including the council' performance, development and review scheme.
- Ensure that all duties and responsibilities are discharged in accordance with the council' policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and relevant regulations and legislation.
- To comply with the council's equal opportunities and diversity policies ensuring anti-discriminatory practice within the service area.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties commensurate with the grade as determined by the manager.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.