Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Kingston-Upon-Thames, within the Children with Disabilities Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £34 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Undertake all of the initial assessments with our children who are referred through our Single Point of Access.
- Respond to child protection concerns and initiate Initial CP conferences, we complete thorough assessments which inform the next steps.
- Offer advice and guidance, short term or long-term support as a child in need
- Work with children who are looked after which may be because of their being in a residential placement and thus away from home for a significant amount of time.
- Assess need and draw on our short breaks offer and coordinate care packages.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Min 1 1/2 year experience in Social Work (unless working in the field of children with disabilities where we may consider less time)
- Experience of Child in Need processes
- Excellent recording skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Great team player
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jonathan Codona-Brown; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.