Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work either part-time or full-time in Devon, within a Children School Project. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker job is £38 per hour (Depending on experience) and is an initial 3-month contract.
Through your role you will support school staff to take a young person's wider circumstances into account, improving the service they receive.
With the opportunities that will arise from social workers being based in school there may be an aspect of the role that could be described as preventative; this may include advising staff, families and young people when they have concerns that they would like to discuss, or working with siblings in the family not considered as meeting threshold.
- Working together with the school to build better relationships with families and better understand their needs. This may also lead to families having more clarity of potential concerns and the decision to refer to Children's Social Care if needed. Families would also receive advice and information around this process to support collaborative working.
- Working with feeder primary schools that siblings attend or multi-agency working to support an integrated family approach.
- Providing an educative component, where the school learns from the social worker's expertise in terms of safeguarding issues and referrals for example. This could happen through the school welcoming and encouraging the social worker's input in relevant meetings such as inclusion meetings. However, social workers will not be expected be carrying out duties of other professionals, be that teachers or other statutory professionals.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lauren Minter; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.