Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Wigan, within the Children in Need Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £32,910 - £37,890 per annum.
- Manage and conduct a range of assessments, planning, delivery of intervention and reviewing the impact and progress of outcome for children open to social care services.
- Ensure the right support and interventions are in place for children and their families and that children are protected from significant harm.
- Ensure the delivery of a high quality and effective social work practice to support, empower, and promote independence, strengths and assets of both children, families and within their local communities.
- Work in partnership with children, young people, and parents, some of whom can be difficult to engage, to provide the positive outcomes in line with The Deal 2030.
- Provide a high-quality social work practice to improve outcomes for children.
- Undertake effective screening to analyse concerns and inform appropriate decision making.
- Maintain up to date, detailed and accurate records of all cases through Liquid Logic and other recording tools.
- Manage a complex case load, escalating cases to management as and when appropriate.
- Assess the need and risk of children and their families at the earliest opportunity.
- Use an asset-based approach to help keep children, young people and their families healthy, happy, safe and achieving.
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with partners including Start Well, education services, police, and the NHS.
- Attend court as and when necessary.
- Contribute to the overall development of services for children and their families.
- Uphold and promote the high standards of the social care profession outlined in Social work England.
- Adopt the Signs of safety principles through day to day practice.
- Maintain up to date registration with Social Work England in line with statutory regulations.
- Ensure children, young people and their families have the same opportunities and feel like they belong and are included.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Experience of a broad spectrum of services within the field of social work with children and families either through social work experience or through training.
- Have knowledge of children’s services legislative frameworks and legal proceedings and have the ability to make complex information accessible for every audience.
- Highly developed interpersonal and caring skills in order to meet the very demanding needs of children, young people and their families.
- Excellent analytical and judgemental skills to analyse and interpret complex information or situations and to solve difficult problems or develop solutions and plans.
- Good time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines and re-organise the workload to meet conflicting demands.
- Experience of partnership working with education services, NHS, police and Start Well.
- Experience of working with IT packages and case management systems such as Liquid Logic.
- A commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ability to travel across borough and GM area either through use of a vehicle insured for business use or using public transport.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley Eales; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.