Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Yeovil for a Social Worker to work within Assessment Team.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive pay rate of £35 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is a 3-month contract.
- Responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children at all times.
- To initiate appropriate safeguarding action to protect children and young people at risk of significant harm.
- To undertake interview, observations and gather information from children, young people, families and other agencies to analyse, summarise and evaluate the information to provide an holistic assessment of a child or young persons need, balancing risk and protective factors within a child protection framework.
- To produce focused and purposeful care plans for interventions with explicit aims and objectives about desired outcomes within the context of managing risk to children and young people.
- Undertake regular and/or statutory reviews in accordance with Legislation and Policy to ensure care packages are meeting the needs of children and young people and comply with best value principles.
- Contribute to the promotion and use of preventative and early intervention services within the community to prevent the need for Children's Services or statutory intervention, by actively collaborating with Service Users and partner agencies including schools.
- To effectively use partnership threshold criteria to determine Service User need and to ensure the most vulnerable children or young people receive an appropriate service.
- To be a member of a Social Work team and actively engage in shared team responsibilities according to team requirements.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- At least 1 years post qualified experience
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lauren Minter; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.