Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Aylesbury within the Assessment Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is £36,984 - £38,881 per annum.
- To clarify eligibility and undertake statutory social work assessments, in line with agreed local thresholds, to analyse children and young people's needs, risks and circumstances and confirm existing parenting skills and any capacity to change, as necessary and appropriate
- To always promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people and champion their rights and entitlements to improve their life chances and overall outcomes
- To establish a rapport and build a relationship with children and young people to ascertain their views, wishes and feelings and understand their lived experience through direct work with them
- To work collaboratively in partnership with parents/carers and promote a strength based, relationship-focused model of approach
- To work together with relevant multi-disciplinary professionals from across the multi-agency partnership
- To develop, as appropriate, relevant support, protection and care/pathway plans to meet the assessed needs and circumstances of children and young people
- To work in consultation with relevant Managers to ensure that agreed plans are provided using available resources and ensure that all such requests represent value for money
- To undertake all social work duties in accordance with appropriate legislation, policies, procedures and statutory guidance
- To liaise with Legal Services as necessary and appropriate and represent the local authority in court as required
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Demonstrable experience of direct work with vulnerable children and young people in need of support, protection and/or care
- Demonstrable and direct experience of working in partnership with parents and carers and together with multi-disciplinary/agency partners
- Ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, and demonstrate proficiency with ICT systems (e.g. case recording, calendar appointments and emails)
- Ability to work on own initiative and seek support and guidance as required
This Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.