Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Blackpool, within the Assessment and Support Team.
The pay rate for this locum Social Worker role is £35 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 1-month contract.
- To promote the welfare of children and young people in accordance with relevant legislation as appropriate. Have an ability to work under pressure to deliver quality services to children and their families, with an ability to work through a complex and varied work and prioritise where necessary.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the need to work in partnership with service users and their families to promote positive outcomes for children.
- To provide support, guidance, advice and services to families to ensure that issues of concern identified in the assessment are addressed in a timely manner and that the needs of the child are reassessed and reviewed as appropriate.
- Ensure that assessments support the development and implementation of packages of care or protection which are linked to achieving better outcomes for children.
- Attend and contribute professionally to meetings with children and their families, and other professionals involved within support, and represent the local authority within care proceedings. Attendance and contribution to Multi Agency meetings, demonstrates an ability to work towards packages of care, support and protection. Prepare written reports for such meetings.
- To abide by the objectives and targets of the service, and follow the procedures and practices utilised in all aspects of the work, including computerised and manual systems and the maintenance of relevant records.
- To take active part in Learning Circles and focus groups to contribute to plans to develop the quality of practice in the service.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Experience of working and managing a caseload of child in need, child protection and assessing complex children and young people’s needs in Children’s Services.
- Enthusiastic to work within a team and independently with a manageable caseload and a good level of opportunities for career progression and training.
- Demonstrate an ability to build high quality relationship with children and families and across Children’s Services with internal and external partners.
- Evidence and commitment to continued professional development, including participating in the development of others and engage fully in reflective supervision with your manager.
- Experience and demonstrable skills in engaging children/young people through a variety of direct work methods.
- At least 2 years of experience in statutory children’s social work.
- Good understanding of safeguarding children processes.
- Experience of court work and managing a varied and complex case load.
- Ability to write concise, fit for purpose reports/court statements and ability to maintain up to date and accurate records.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience of inputting into children’s services data systems (Mosaic;ICS).
- Ability to be flexible, resilient and reflective.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Social Worker job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.