Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Swindon, within the Assessment and Review Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £33,000 per annum.
- Provide statutory support to adults with care and support needs and their carers/families, which includes information and advice, assessment, support planning, and safeguarding.
- Comply with legal frameworks for social care in line with personalisation principles, which aim to put individuals, families, and communities at the heart of care and wellbeing.
- Undertake Mental Capacity Assessments (MCA) and Best Interest decisions in line with the MCA (2005) principles.
- Work in partnership and liaison with partners including primary, secondary, and tertiary health care, private providers, voluntary sector organisations and others to provide coordinated support for individuals and/or carers.
- Undertake person-centred social work with individuals and plan for the provision of support and/or services with them in order to assist them to meet their outcomes and to live as independently as possible.
- Ensure accurate and timely recording of all information and activity onto the social care records database in accordance with work targets set by the Team Manager and Supervisor.
- Have a well-developed understanding of assessment, support planning, and the management for individuals and to be able to apply Council Policy and support people to manage risk appropriately.
- Gather sufficient information about individuals in order to be able to accurately assess their needs against eligibility criteria. Ensure that local knowledge about universally available services is up to date including what is available within the voluntary and community sector, as well as the service area’s commissioned and contracted services and to signpost/advocate for people accordingly.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Recent post-qualifying experience within frontline social work.
- Evidence of, or commitment to, complete the ASYE.
- Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of strengths-based social work with adults and/or children, including the safeguarding of adults and children.
- Knowledge and understanding of health & social care and other relevant legislation and wider policy context.
- Ability to use a range of Microsoft and electronic social care record software.
- Evidence of appropriate work experience and reflective learning from placement experience whilst qualifying as a Social Worker and of appropriate professional and personal development relevant to length of post-qualifying experience.
- Must be fluent in English.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.