Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Social Worker to work full-time in Northamptonshire in an Adolescents Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker job is from £29,165 up to £32,277 per annum with a £3,000 Golden Hello Bonus.
- To deliver and provide social work services, at a level appropriate for a professionally qualified post, to young people and families to ensure the welfare of children and young people is safeguarded and they are protected in accordance with the legal and statutory obligations of Northamptonshire County Council.
- Carry out Initial, Core and other specialised assessments as per national guidelines and within prescribed timescales in order to formulate support plans for service users and co-ordinate their implementation or refer the case to the appropriate service area for support to child/family.
- Manage cases varying in complexity, organise packages of support to service users, assess levels of risk to their health and wellbeing and, in conjunction with them and their families /carers, monitor and review their situations so that support can be adjusted as appropriate to their needs.
- Work directly with family members providing advice and guidance. Work to empower service users, promote their participation in planning and evaluation of services to increase their levels of self-sufficiency, competence and to facilitate independence from social service assistance.
- Liaise with and take a professional lead in involving appropriate staff and agencies and cases and arrange for contact as necessary to meet the needs of service users and within the remit of the County Council. Take initiative in establishing resource, for instance, group work programmes and specialist counselling to meet the needs of service users.
- Attend and participate in multidisciplinary teams and meetings, planning reviews with colleagues and relevant professional staff to assist and analyse the needs of service users and to plan care programmes in accordance with those needs.
- Ensure all information and reports relevant to work carried out is recorded, updated and completed in an efficient and timely manner and according to Directorate/legislative policies and procedures so that decisions made and acted upon are fully evidenced and provide sufficiently for audit, court or any other legitimate purpose.
- Give written/verbal evidence in court/adoption/fostering panels when required to do so, carry out all necessary planning and assessments related to proceedings in conjunction with relevant professionals, and provide and deliver evidence to support decisions and recommendations made by social services to safeguard children at risk.
- Implement actions agreed by the courts to ensure the safety and wellbeing of service users within the specified timeframe. This could be instant removal of children from their home and placement in an appropriate care or foster home or less immediate actions to secure their wellbeing and to link with colleagues in other agencies to enable successful partnership working within a climate of mutual respect
- Demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behavioural, physical, social and welfare needs.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of and application of children's legislation
- Experienced in using child protection policies and procedures
- Passionate about helping children achieve
- Able to work effectively in a multi-agency environment
- Skilled at report writing and able to maintain accurate records
- Experience working with young people 11 years+
- Experience of working with mental illness
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.