Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Team Manager to work full-time within a Family Safeguarding Adolescent Team based in Walton, Surrey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Team Manager job is up to £45 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Manage and develop a geographically based social work family/ adolescent safeguarding team that aims to keep as many children in need/in need of protection as possible, safely within their family.
- Develop strengths-based motivational practice and use the skills of the multi-disciplinary teams to address parental mental health, substance misuse and domestic abuse.
- Deliver effective and safe family/ adolescent safeguarding services which are on time, within budget, and in accordance with statutory guidelines, policy and standards to ensure that children and young people's needs are being met and vulnerable children and young people are protected from harm.
- Manage operational effectiveness of the team, allocating and prioritising workloads and taking responsibility for ensuring all cases are safely managed. In exceptional circumstances manage a case directly to ensure safe resolution.
- Ensure that social work case records, assessments, plans and documentation for all children and young people for whom the team is responsible are effectively maintained in line with practice standards and organisational policy and procedure.
- Foster good relationships with legal services and local family courts to manage efficient and effective Legal Planning Meeting, Public Law Outline and court proceedings where attempts to support children to remain within their families have not been successful.
- Promote purposeful social work practice, following the service's parenting/group work programmes, and undertake regular clinical and case work supervision that is reflective and outlines clearly the next steps to improve outcomes for children, young people and families.
- Manage effective communication of practice, service and organisational issues within the team and work collaboratively across other social work teams, services and with partners to provide high-level integrated support to children and families.
- Ensure the team understands and adheres to the Quality Assurance Framework, and manage the effective use of performance processes and systems to promote effective service delivery and drive improvement.
- Ascertain the views, feelings and wishes of children, young people and their parents /carers and use to appropriately inform their care plans and development and performance of services.
Requirements of the Team Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Management experience
This Team Manager job is advertised by Rob King; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.