Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Social Work Registered Fostering Manager to work full-time based in Birmingham.
The salary for this permanent Registered Fostering Manager job is £40,000 per annum.
- Ensure overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the agency and ensuring excellent and professional practice
- Undertake other identified tasks, as required by the Registered Individual of the fostering service
- Take part in further training as identified
- Overseeing Initial Home Visits to potential foster carers
- Allocating Form F Assessment and monitoring progress and timescales
- Responsibility for foster carers and staff training and development programme
- Ensure foster carers and staff members have copies of policies and procedures relevant to fostering service and monitoring of the implementation of these policies
- Regular liaison with the Panel Chair and Registered Individual to plan and take action regarding practice issues
- Ensure records of staff, foster carers and children/young people are kept up-to-date
- Ensuring that the agency policies are effective and up to date
- Ensure that each foster care placement is supervised, as per the NMS, FSR and agency policies
- Ensure that standards are maintained within recording and reporting of Supervising Social Workers and any gaps in practice are swiftly dealt with
- Providing sound advice and supervision to Supervising Social Workers
- Liaising with foster carers as and when relevant and in a professional manner
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures relevant to the fostering service, staff and premises
- Review and where appropriate revise the Statement of Purpose, Children’s Guide and other policies/procedures as required
- Work in line with the Ofsted requirements of your registration as a Registered Manager
- Ensure that the welfare of children placed or to be placed with foster carers is always safeguarded and promoted
- Implement Safeguarding Children Policy, as required and be responsible for ensuring accurate records on allegations/investigations are kept and reported to Ofsted, as appropriate
- Ensure that monitoring mechanisms are in place to measure compliance with Policies and Procedures
- Act on complaints, as specified within the Complaints Procedures
- Ensure that high standards of care are provided and that care is compliant with the National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations
- Co-ordinate and be part of, training, advice, information and support to foster carers, including support outside of office hours
- Maintain a system for improving the quality of foster care provided by the fostering service
- Carry on the fostering service in such manner as is likely to ensure that it will be financially viable for the purpose of achieving the aims and objectives set out in its Statement of Purpose
Requirements of the Registered Fostering Manager:
- Recognised and accredited social work qualification
- Current Social Work England registration
- Able to satisfy Ofsted as a Registered Manager (Fostering Services Regulations 2011)
- Leadership skills and experience including recruitment, supervision, monitoring and disciplinary action
- Experience relevant to fostering within the last 5 years and experience supervising and managing professional staff
- Proven knowledge of Ofsted, National Minimum Standards for Fostering services 2011 and Fostering Services Regulations 2011
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Ability to run the day-to-day practice and business aspects of the fostering agency
- Strong leadership skills to implement the vision and strategy of the agency
- Have or be in the process NVQ Level 5 in Leadership and Management or equivalent qualification
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as using own initiative with consistent self-motivation
- A high level of applied literacy and numeracy
- An ability to maintain judgement when working under pressure
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise workloads
- Ability to communicate clearly and appropriately at all levels
- Ability to provide reports on a monthly / yearly basis
- Ability to liaise and negotiate on a business level
- The ability to analyse and manage data
This Registered Fostering Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.