Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Worker to work based in Barnet, within the Family Link Team.
The salary for this permanent Social Worker role is £23,677 per annum.
The Inpatient Care service has a 6-room unit, where children can stay, either due to o a clinical or social emergency, or for end of life care. The nurse led team provide personal care, specialist clinical care and symptom management. The Hospice-at-Home service is made up of Specialist Carers, trained by paediatric nurses, who go into family homes to spend time with the unwell child, allowing parents to take a short break. Specialist carers will support with clinical, emotional and practical needs, and just as importantly engage the child through play and fun activities. The Post Death Care service is two Butterfly Rooms where children can be cared for after death by the Specialist Care and Nursing team, allowing families to spend more time with their child, and be supported by the holistic teams. Post death care is also available in the community for children who have died at home, through use of a special cold blanket.
The Family Link Team is part of the Holistic Services. Each family referred has a single point of contact to ensure personalised, tailored support for the whole family. As well as coordinating services, family support might include signposting, advocacy, benefits advice, moral support or simply being a listening ear. The team leads on multi-agency working with external professionals, and offer safeguarding training, support and advice for the whole charity.
- Visiting all the newly referred families to assess their needs and arrange for appropriate services to be delivered.
- Maintaining a link with these families and offering practical and emotional support as needed.
- Acting as key worker for a defined caseload, liaising with internal and external professionals as required.
- Providing or arranging Welfare Rights advice and support in applying for benefits.
- Acting as an advocate and signposting to other services as needed.
- Contributing to the review of families’ needs at least annually.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of all aspects of palliative care, bereavement and safeguarding.
- Participation in regular supervision.
- Participation in regular Team Meetings.
- Participation in multi-disciplinary meetings with external professionals.
- Developing and maintaining links with the services in the 5 North London boroughs and Hertsmere and acting as a link to Noah’s Ark for families referred from those areas.
- Ensuring that records are up to date, mainly using the database.
- Supporting families who are bereaved and helping to develop services for them.
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level standard.
- At least 2 years’ professional experience of working with families of children with complex needs in a statutory or voluntary setting.
- Experience of child protection work.
- Experience of acting as a key worker.
- Knowledge of Child Protection and Safeguarding procedures.
- IT self-sufficient.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage time effectively, ability to advocate for families, and ability to work in a holistic way with families.
- Some working outside office hours – evenings and weekends, as required by the service.
- Valid driving license and access to car on a daily basis essential.
This Social Worker job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.