Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Social Work Service Manager to work based in Blackpool, within the Safeguarding Quality and Review Service.
The salary for this permanent Social Work Service Manager role is £56,947 - £63,008 per annum.
- Lead operational responsibility of the safeguarding, quality, and review team in accordance with Blackpool Council policies, procedures and legislative frameworks and guidance.
- Take a lead role in developing the safeguarding, quality, and review service in line with legislation, guidance and practice standards offering rigorous challenge to social care staff, other professionals and agencies to ensure practice safeguards and promotes the welfare of children, young people and their families.
- Manage the role of the Children’s Designated Officer and undertake the functions of the Children’s Designated Officer with regard to significant risk case issues.
- Provide expert opinion, challenge, and directly contribute to the role and function of Blackpool Safeguarding Children Board and wider safeguarding activities.
- To work in partnership with the Children’s Service Management team and other internal and external stakeholders at all levels and provide expert advice, guidance, and briefing sessions on a range of safeguarding matters aimed at advancing practice and service.
- Plan, manage and monitor service budget and commissioning requirements appropriate to service demand and the need to ensure children and young people in need and/or at risk are safeguarded and protected.
- Take a lead role and contribute to strategic planning and development of the service.
- Prepare reports, discussion documents as required relating to the safeguarding, quality and review team service delivery, developments, performance, practice matters or any other areas relevant to your role.
- Be required to be on call to Safeguarding Chairs, IRO’s, LADO and the Blackpool Safeguarding Children’s Board outside of your usual working hours to offer professional management, direction, and support.
- Use expert professional knowledge to offer advice and support to service staff and internal and external stakeholders at all levels in the organisations structure; make decisions to determine the progression of cases including those that are complex and high risk.
Requirements of the Social Work Service Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Extensive experience and a proven track record of management with at least three years management and supervisory experience in a children’s social care and safeguarding in statutory setting.
- Three years of experience of working in an Independent Reviewing Officer or similar role is desirable.
- Post qualifying professional award or qualification in practice and/or in management and leadership.
- Possess an in depth understanding of relevant legislation, guidance, and national, regional, and local strategies, plans and agendas and demonstrate an ability to transfer this into all areas of your work.
- Proven ability to plan and manage budgets and deploy resources to meet service priorities and changing demand efficiently and effectively.
- Proven leadership skills and experience of leading services through change or leading on the implementation of projects and plans.
- Possess positive organisational and planning skills that enable you to recognise and respond appropriately to risks, issues and dependencies.
- Proven ability to analyse data and use such to effectively improve practice.
- Be a competent user of IT systems and software programmes.
This Social Work Service Manager job is advertised Ashley Eales; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.