Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent job vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Service Manager to work within a Safeguarding and Support Team based in Haringey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for the Permanent Service Manager job is £53,544 - £58,779 per annum.
- The post holder has line management responsibility for a Social Work area where there is line management responsibility for Practice Managers, Senior Practitioners, Social Workers, Information Sharing Researchers and Administrators.
- To be responsible for effective management of Team Managers and other practice staff as required and to provide accountability for the delivery of services to children, young people and their families.
- Ensures that there is effective management of child care services, including judgement of risk to individual families and children, within the Service and across agencies. This may on occasion include managing staff in different locations.
- To manage staff from other disciplines and agencies as may be required as part of delivering multi-disciplinary services.
- To manage, develop and continuously review services for the client group in partnership with others, in order to promote the provision of good quality, best value services for local residents.
- To ensure that all staff and managers receive regular, high quality, challenging and reflective supervision and performance appraisal according to departmental and council policy and guidance.
- Ensures that the high quality of work is maintained as a uniformly high standard and that team members' expertise and special skills are developed (through the use of supervision, appraisal and standard setting).
- To identify staff learning and developments needs and ensure high standards of professional practice are achieved through systematic individual and team development programmes.
- To be responsible where appropriate for the recruitment, selection, appointment, induction and probationary assessment of new staff, in accordance and council policy and procedures.
- To identify matters that might lead to disciplinary proceedings, carry out investigations and present at hearings as and when necessary.
- To be responsible for the implementation of the absence monitoring policy in relation to the staff team.
- To ensure recording keeping across the teams is consistently of a high standard and that managerial decisions are taken and record promptly within the appropriate frameworks.
- To initiate and chair single and inter-agency meetings and core work groups for particular children, monitoring the performance of agreed tasks for all participants.
- To attend, organise and chair meetings as appropriate and as requested, within the department and with other agencies.
- To ensure that the views of service users inform service developments and contribute to improvements to the service.
- To participate in the development of Service Strategies and Departmental Business Plans, set individual and team objectives, targets and standards and to manage performance against these.
Requirements of the Service Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Service Manager job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.