Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a permanent role for a Social Work Service Manager to work full-time based in Wandsworth.
The salary for this permanent Service Manager job is £60,426 - £74,202 per annum (subject to experience.)
- Lead responsibility for ensuring social workers working with children looked after and their families understand and fulfil their duties and responsibilities arising from the relevant legislation and Working Together to safeguard children and young people and to protect them from significant harm
- Provide professional leadership and operational line management for the service’s Children Looked After teams, designed and resourced to work collaboratively with others to improve outcomes for the most vulnerable children and young people living in Wandsworth
- Ensure that directly managed social work services are managed within available resources to maintain outstanding quality and performance in service delivery
- Provide strong leadership based on a clear vision for the service, clarity of standards and outcomes to be achieved
- Be responsible for a range of service and budget decisions in relation to the provision of services for Children Looked After
- Recruit, deploy, support, develop and retain appropriately skilled staff to
- support Children Looked After and care, leavers,
- Be available out of normal office hours to give advice and guidance in emergencies
- To be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to vulnerable adults in relation to the post, particularly those affected by domestic violence, mental health, alcohol and substance misuse problems
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond
Requirements of the Service Manager:
- Degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Extensive experience of management within children's social care services, with specific knowledge and interest in services for Children, Looked After
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as an ability to build relationships with practitioners, families and partners
This Service Manager job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.