Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency has a job based in Ince for a Social Work Service Manager to work within the Front Door/Complex Safeguarding Team.
The pay rate for this locum Service Manager job is £350 per day and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Contribute to matrix management arrangements of Partner Agency staff where required in both MAST and the CST to ensure shared understanding and meeting of multi- agency objectives
- Lead on the continued development of the IFD providing a seamless response to all safeguarding concerns relating to vulnerable children
- Lead a high performing, child focussed Social Care service
- Be responsible for the day to day running of your service, including the staff and teams within your service and financial budgets associated with your teams
- Support the Service Lead to manage the strategic development, delivery, and transformation within the associated Social Care service area, meeting all statutory requirements
- Embedding and underpinning all service delivery through the Deal Principles and Signs of Safety strengths-based practice model
- Leading and managing teams and team members to deliver high quality, effective Social Work practice and develop their social care skills and career
- Ensuring the service meets statutory requirements
- Ensuring children, young people and families have access to the right support, at the right time in the right place
- Having clear management oversight on cases, risk and issues across your service
- Continually looking at ways to improve service delivery and outcomes
- Be central in developing the whole workforce, fostering a culture of continued learning, adoption of best practice, developing aspirational future leaders within the organisation
- Undertake Manager on-call forOut of Hours (OOH)on a duty rota basis and bethe first point of contact for the OOH service operating outside normal working hours for any senior manager decisions that need out of hours response for our children and young people
- Provide direct management of MAST and CST Team Managers, Education Safeguarding Liaison Officer and Senior Business Support Officer in line with Wigan’s Policy and Procedures
- Have matrix management of the MAST partnership
- Lead on the promotion of the IFD and CST to ensure there is a common understanding of thresholds and processes including support and challenge to partner agencies as appropriate
- Work alongside the Duty Service Manager and Service Lead to ensure timely and relevant recruitment to ensure the service is fully resourced with appropriately qualified and experienced staff
- Assess and implement opportunities for multi-agency learning based on research and inspection and review findings at both a local and national level in relation to complex safeguarding
- Proactively work with the Education Safeguarding Liaison Officer to build effective relationships with key external Education, Training and Employment stakeholders
- Ensure that Early Help Hub continues to be developed and embedded providing the best outcomes for children and young people at the earliest opportunity
- Lead the delivery of the IFD and Complex Safeguarding Team (CST) within the Children and Families Directorate aligned to wider Children’s services plans, providing leadership to the Team Managers, driving performance, whilst offering high support and high challenge
- Work in an open and collaborative leadership style which values the contribution of others and motivates and enables the IFD and CST Partnership’s to achieve its individual and collective potential and make a difference
- Work with Service Lead to manage the staff, budget and activities of the IFD (MAST) and CST in order to meet its service and financial objectives
- Support the Service Lead to ensure there is a continuous focus on the performance and quality of interventions with children, young people and families
- Provide direct line management to Team Managers within your service area, ensuring managers know the children in the team and they are providing high quality supervision, driving practice standards within individual teams whilst ensuring their staff feel supported to develop and grow in their roles
- Manage the development and interface of the IFD with other operational teams
Requirements of the Service Manager:
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work)
- Registered on Social Work England
- Management experience
- Demonstrate and encourage others to be creative, innovative and improve service delivery, demonstrating improved outcomes for children and families
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Service Manager job is advertised by Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.