Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for a Senior Social Worker to work full-time within a Children's Safeguarding Team based in Northampton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker role is £38,504 -£40,419 per annum. This role also offers a £3k welcome payment on top of the salary. This is a county-wide role.
- Work independently to hold and effectively manage a more complex caseload, acknowledging and ensuring appropriate levels of responsibility commensurate with the individual's knowledge and skills
- Work directly with children, young people and families, involving all key family members and prioritising children and young people's safety. Work using Signs of Safety methodology, which works collaboratively with families to empower them to find solutions whilst ensuring working within the policies, procedures of Children's Services and regulatory standards
- Carry out an in-depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and risk to children, with a particular focus on parental capacity and capacity to change
- Recognise harm and risk indicators of different forms of harm to children relating to sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect. Consider the possibility of Child Sexual Exploitation, grooming (on and offline), female genital mutilation, enforced marriage and the range of adult behaviours which pose a risk to children, recognising too the potential for children to be perpetrators of abuse
- Use reflective supervision, research and other guidance to recognising one's own professional limitations and how and when to seek advice from a range of sources, including Advanced Practitioners and other clinical practitioners from a range of disciplines
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's services
- Ability to work in a way that promotes the safety and well-being of children and young people/vulnerable adults.
- Experience of supporting more junior roles in a social work environment
- Ability to demonstrate awareness/understanding of equal opportunities and other people's behaviour, physical, social and welfare needs
- Extensive post qualification experience of children and families social work within a statutory or voluntary organisation
- Proven ability to relate professionally with children and families evidenced through previous work as a Social Worker
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.