Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work within a Referral and Assessment Team based in Surrey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,227 - £44,619 per annum.
About the role:
- Provide the social work service of assessment of need, care planning and, as appropriate, child protection investigation, to prevent the separation of children from their families where possible, and to ensure that children and young people are adequately protected in line with departmental policy, procedures and relevant legislation
- Support alternative permanent care for children who have to be separated from their families in a timely fashion
- Supervise fostering/adoption arrangements
- They will act as a mentor to social workers and support their development, and undertake duties of a practice teacher as required.With appropriate training, undertake child protection investigations, act as key worker to children/young people with a Child Protection Plan and undertake all related statutory responsibilities
- Will assess and manage the risk involved in protecting vulnerable children and young people, distinguishing levels of risk for different situations, to prevent harm and abuse
- Job holders will also contribute to the regular monitoring and review of services established to facilitate service improvement
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.