Sanctuary Social Care currently has a permanent vacancy based in Slough for a Senior Social Worker to work full time within a First Contact and MASH Team.
As the post holder of this role, you will receive a competitive salary of £38,960 up to £42,714 per annum.
- Market Supplement Payment - £4,500
- Retention: £1,000 after 18 Months
- Responsible for undertaking social work on allocated cases producing outcome-based plans, having regard to the needs of, and risks to, children and their families.
- To develop effective relationships with CYP and their families to improve impact of work and determine the level of service available ensuring written plans are agreed with the CYP and their families and reflect their views.
- To determine, using evidence-based practice how these needs will be met subject to resources, statutory responsibilities, within the framework of council policies and procedures.
- To be responsible for effective Individual performance in line with national standards and performance indicators, including receiving regular supervision.
- Responsible for participating in routine auditing activity across the service to secure the highest possible standards of social work practice and record keeping and to act in accordance with requirements of the Quality Assurance Framework.
- To ensure that the needs of service users/carers from all communities are addressed, and that close attention is paid to equalities issues in all aspects of work. To ensure access to translation and interpretation services as necessary.
- To complete financial assessments and, where appropriate, to determine contributions and levels of need/service.
- With the agreement of the Consultant Social Work Manager/Practice Manager, to identify resources required and available to promote child/family well being.
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships at appropriate levels with other relevant partner agencies e.g. voluntary, community, schools, police, health other statutory agencies/local resource networks and internal partners.
- To maintain, monitor and review accurate records of all work undertaken ensuring recording information is accurate and up to date, including comprehensive use of the Integrated Children's System.
- To work effectively move casework to other areas of service as appropriate with a clear transfer plan.
- To contribute to the development of services to children and families and to attend and contribute positively to team meetings to promote the delivery of integrated and effective services.
- To identify own individual learning needs and ensure that practice reflects contemporary thinking.
- To ensure regular reflection of skills and abilities and use supervision and approval to identify future and plan to meet future needs.
- To provide cover for the work of other team members and undertake projects and other additional duties commensurate with the level of the job. (The nature of these will vary according to experience, competencies and the grade of the post).
Requirements of the Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Social Worker job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.