Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work full-time within a Children In Need Team based in Wandsworth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and be registered with Social Work England.
The Salary for this Senior Social Worker job is £35,248 - £41,666 per annum. You will also receive a retention payment of £3000 for every two years and a welcome payment of £2000.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the lead professional in statutory cases that require a qualified social worker, including child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases
- Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need and their families; assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR)
- Bring together and co-ordinate the team around the child to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to APIR and safeguarding
- Establish and develop collaborative working with allied health and social care practitioners from children's and adults' services
- Promote and model effective working arrangements with schools, children's centres and other settings
- Develop a good understanding of evidence based practice and integrate models of best practice into day to day service delivery
- Participate positively in professional supervision and annual appraisal (PrP) review, taking personal responsibility for the quality of practice
- Take part in case/practice audits and contribute to peer audit arrangements as required :3 Build professional credibility within the multi-professional partnership by achieving practice standards and meeting performance targets consistently
- Providing accredited practice teaching as required
- Actively contribute to team working, supporting colleagues, covering for colleagues in their absence and taking part in team meetings and development events
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Team Improvement Plan
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.