Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award-winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Social Worker to work full-time based in Slough.
The salary for this permanent Senior Social Worker job is £42,329 - £47,312 per annum.
- Be the central point of contact, collation and completion of SGO and Connected Persons
- assessments, following a positive viability assessment
- Conduct joint viabilities with an allocated social worker
- Undertake SGO and Connected person assessments, including Private assessment and SGO/child arrangement orders
- Review case records and the assessment of the child/ren needs
- Undertake assessment visits
- Observe contact with applicants and child/ren
- Propose transition plan with an allocated social worker
- Undertake referee visits for the applicants, child/ren and adult child/ren within the home
- Prepare the court report and SGO support plan
- Attend associated professional meetings as required, including Court
- Organise and deliver trainee preparation workshops for prospective Special Guardians, family and friends
- Work with child care teams, IRO and fostering teams
- Record details of assessments on ICS
- Undertake duty and out of hours rota as allocated
- Collate cohort and trend data, monitor outcomes and respond to data requests
- Preparation for Fostering panel and attend
- Plan and hold SGO forums on a 6-8 week basis
- Plan and hold 2 fun days per annum
- Generate leads for potential new foster carers and home from home carers
- Ensure the safeguarding of children/young people in line with the role and responsibilities
- Attend all mandatory training in line with the requirements of the role as advised by your manager and other training as and when required
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.