Sanctuary Social Care has locum vacancy for a Senior Social Worker to work full-time based in Wandsworth, within the Hospital Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Senior Social Worker role is £32 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
The team's focus is to provide a holistic, personalised, strength-based service for Wandsworth residents admitted to the acute hospital and promoting the highest standards of practice.
Duties of the Senior Social Worker:
- To facilitate service user choice and empowerment through promoting independence and strength-based practice to enable residents to maintain their independence and local community connections for as long as safely possible.
- To assist with the management of budgets, ensuring that processes and procedures are carried out in a timely and effective way; including authorising assessments, reassessments and arranging necessary funding to meet the requirements of individual support plans within available resources.
- To undertake statutory intervention where service users are deemed to be at risk, including situations where people may be neglected or abused in accordance with the Inter-Agency Policy and Procedures for Safeguarding Adults and to chair Section 42 Safeguarding Adults Enquiries where required.
- To provide operational and motivational leadership of staff, promoting a positive working environment with the primary aim of delivering high quality services.
- To manage the duty team jointly with our 2nd Senior Social Worker and oversee all incoming referrals and safeguarding concerns.
Requirements of the Senior Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within adults' services
- Previous experience working within a hospital team is essential
This Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Ronnie Bradford; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.