Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Senior Practitioner to work full-time based in Basildon, within an Assessment Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Senior Practitioner role is £39,168 - £47,405 per annum.
- You will need to undertake assessments and work closely with 16/17 year old young people that are considered by the council as homeless or potentially homeless.
- Will need to have a quick response in supporting young people when they approach statutory services, ensure early, proactive intervention and have a flexible approach to supporting young people to prevent homelessness.
- Seek, wherever possible, to mediate, reunite and support families to stay together and will be responsible for co-facilitating initial presentation interviews alongside district council homelessness, working collaboratively with district councils, housing officers, housing providers and teams.
- The post holder is responsible for bringing to bear the highest possible standards in social work practice, ability and skills, working in accordance with defined legal frameworks, policy and procedures.
- You will need to work flexibly across other parts of the service in South supporting colleagues where there are young people at risk of homelessness.
- This will include supporting colleagues to develop their knowledge and practice in relation to young people at risk of homelessness.
- As a Senior Practitioner you will provide leadership in the team, providing both support and mentoring to newly qualified or less experienced staff and deputising for the Team Manager when needed.
- You will oversee the review of some child in need plans particularly prior to closure and will have responsibility to lead in a practice area.
- We can offer you a highly competitive package that includes access to our desirable pension scheme, life assurance (of three times your salary), generous annual leave - plus the option to buy additional holiday.
- Optional benefits such as tax-free savings on childcare and discounted health and dental care are also available, and we will encourage you to develop your skills with ongoing training opportunities.
Requirements of the Senior Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's services
This Senior Practitioner job is advertised by Stefan Garrett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.