Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company within the private and public sector has a locum role for a Band 8a Regional Pharmacist to work full-time based in Tidworth.
The pay rate for this locum Regional Pharmacist job is £35.29 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 12-month contract.
- Provide specialist professional advice and leadership on prescribing and pharmaceutical issues to Defence Primary Healthcare (DPHC) Region whilst ensuring compliance with Medicine Legislation and congruence with the governance framework
- Provide support to and co-ordinate Medical Centres within Region to ensure the delivery within a medicines management framework of a legal, safe, cost-effective and efficient high quality pharmaceutical service
- Act as Pharmaceutical advisor to the Regional Clinical Director
- Provide professional support to the dispensaries in the Region, ensuring that safe systems of work are in place, in accordance with MoD policy and current UK legislation
- Be responsible for the Regional management and monitoring of the Out-sourced Dispensing contract to ensure the delivery of a safe consistent cost effective service and act as a mediator in the case of disputes or grievances
- Promote good prescribing practices and monitor the supply of medicines by other healthcare professionals / clinical staff through the use of regular risk management audits, prescribing, Combat Med Tech (CMT)/Medic protocols and Patient Group Directions (PGD) audits
- Provide medicines information and medicines management support to Pharmacy staff and other healthcare professionals, including advice on the legal aspects of prescribing, storage, procurement, dispensing and usage
- Co-ordinate and assist in the delivery of Pharmacy Technician training, Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and where appropriate management of poor performance
- Provide medicine management related training to regional staff, including Senior Medical Officers (SMOs), Medical Officers (MOs), Civilian Medical Practitioners (CMPs), Pharmacy Technicians, Nurses, and CMT/Medics
- Assist in the development and review of Patient Group Directions (PGDs) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for use across DPHC and in the support of their use by Healthcare Professionals
Requirements of the Regional Pharmacist:
- Be registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Have a Degree in Pharmacy and be qualified as a pharmacist
- Post qualification experience
- Demonstrate compliance with Healthcare Governance standards by responding to medicine management related Significant Events and providing the necessary feedback and training to ensure similar safety incidents do not re-occur
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive pharmacy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Regional Pharmacist job is advertised by Phil Hanton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.