Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a locum vacancy for a Principal Social Worker to work based in Cardiff, within the MASH Team.
The pay rate for this locum Principal Social Worker job is £40.00 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
This role promotes flexible working for its staff and all staff are provided with equipment to agile work. As a Principal Social Worker, however, you will be expected to be office based on a rota basis with your counter-part to support and assist the Team Manager.
- Lead and shape practice and performance within the Team, whilst developing your risk assessment and management skills
- Support the Team Manager and the Team in delivering the Signs of Safety approach and a high quality service
- Be responsible for your own small sub-Team and will take the lead on staff development and supervision and be responsible for high risk Strategy Meetings, on a rotation basis with the other sub-Team
- Further support the Team Manager with “Ragging” referrals, allocations and authorising Social Worker's assessments
- Work closely with the MASH Partner Agencies and assist the Team Manager in promoting professional, positive and meaningful relationships with them
- Partake in the development of the Service and partake in Task Force Groups
Requirements of the Principal Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Experience and confidence in decision making, risk assessment and management and an ability to work on your own initiative under extreme pressures and within timescales, to ensure children and young people are safeguarded and there is no delay in progression to the appropriate statutory or non-statutory services
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- A free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Principal Social Worker job is advertised by Kelly Page; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.