Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Practice Leader to fill a full-time role within a Children's Services based in Newham, within the Intervention Team.
The pay rate for this locum Practice Leader job is £42 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To lead a social work unit of staff, delivering a high quality effective social work service that promotes the safety and wellbeing of children contributes to the development of resilient communities and supports positive outcomes for vulnerable children and their families.
- To provide line management and appropriate guidance and support to staff in the unit in respect of their casework and administrative responsibilities in line with the service's agreed ways of working.
- To efficiently manage the workload of the social work unit to ensure that the work is progressed in line with service objectives and that staff are accountable for their work.
- To manage the induction of new staff and Newly Qualified Social Workers including training and development of staff and student placements in the unit.
- Promoting professional standards and facilitating development of best practice within the unit, leading on initiatives across the service as appropriate.
- Responsibility for key decision making in respect of cases held within the unit.
- To provide quality case consultation and supervision in line with the organisation's supervision policy and standards, to staff in the unit.
- To provide professional oversight of the work of social workers delivering services to children and their families, providing expert advice and guidance on social work practice to safeguard and promote their welfare.
- To promote best practice and make available to all children, young people and families in Newham a first-class service that fulfils their potential, and when they need additional support and require services that are local and easily accessible.
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Registered on Social Work England.
- Management experience is essential.
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
- Willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to maintain service delivery
This Practice Leader job is advertised by Jess Ling; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.