Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Occupational Therapist to work full-time within a Stroke and Acquired Brain Injury unit based in Guernsey. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Occupational Therapist job is £30 to £35 per hour (assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- As post holder of this role you will provide a comprehensive specialist Occupational Therapy assessment and rehabilitation service to service users who have complex and highly complex physical, cognitive, perceptual and sensory needs following a stroke or other acquired brain injury.
- Support the operational delivery, planning, co-ordination, and evaluation of the Occupational Therapy Service provided for clients with a diagnosis of stroke and acquired brain injury throughout the client pathway including service development initiatives.
- Have a commitment to working within a multi-disciplinary team (MDT) by collaboratively working with professional colleagues to provide a high standard of multi-disciplinary service.
- Work as an autonomous practitioner, managing a caseload of service users.
- Provide Occupational Therapy Services for stroke and acquired brain injury inpatients taking into account the whole person in the context of their community, family, lifestyle and environment and delegating appropriately to others within the team.
- Undertake and document comprehensive and holistic assessment of service user's functional abilities and rehabilitation needs, using evidence based Occupational Therapy models and assessment tools; This includes detailed assessment of a service user's physical, cognitive, perceptual, psychological and social abilities and physical, social and cultural environment.
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive(whatever area it is i.e. nursing, physiotherapy, etc) knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
Requirements of the Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Normal Movement training and other courses relating to the stroke care (Cognition/Perception)
- Experience in the clinical speciality at Band 6 and in a broad range of clinical areas
- Experience of multidisciplinary working and partnership working with other agencies
- Knowledge and application of standardised assessments and treatment techniques associated with the stroke care
- Full and valid driving licence desirable
This Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Ross Welton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.