Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Mental Health Occupational Therapist to work full-time based in Clacton. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Occupational Therapy and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Mental Health Occupational Therapist job is £24 - £25 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- As post holder of this role you will be responsible for the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of the evidence based care required, including health promotion for a named service user/group.
- Responsible for the appropriate clinical risk assessment of service users, providing an effective advice, guidance and decision making process culminating in the coordination of any reviewed plan of care.
- Responsible for the admission, case conference/reviews and discharge in collaboration with members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Responsible for coordinating the care and assessment under the Care Programme Approach of a designated caseload.
- Responsible for participating in the development of the service, setting of quality standards, including the auditing, monitoring and reviewing in line with current clinical guidance practice and policy.
- Responsible for ensuring the postholder understands and meets their professional responsibilities under Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults and Children Legislation.
- Responsible for ensuring that the requirements of the Mental Health Act 1983 are observed, adhered to and implemented.
- Responsible for the promotion of carer and service user involvement within the service and for its provision.
- Responsible for establishing therapeutic relationships with service users, and the implementation of evidence based therapeutic interventions with appropriate boundaries in accordance with Nursing and Midwifery Councils professional code of conduct.
- Responsible for ensuring that carers' assessments, education and support is delivered in accordance with the requirements of the NSF.
- Responsible for deputising and providing appropriate support and caseload coverage for colleagues/team members.
Requirements of the Mental Health Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post-qualification
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- An industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Mental Health Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Sebastian Dunbar; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.