Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist to work based in Welwyn & Hatfield.
The pay rate for this locum Community Occupational Therapist job is £25 per hour (assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- To be part of an integrated health and social care team. To provide care to avoid inappropriate admissions to hospital and support hospital discharge. To provide assessments, and treatment, where required for vulnerable patients with potentially complex needs. To support patient-led goal working within the community.
- To formulate and deliver an individual Physiotherapy management and treatment programme, based on evidence-based practice and expert clinical knowledge.
- Use advanced clinical assessment, clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of treatment techniques. This may include functional training, behaviour modification, patient education, fatigue management/energy conservation.
- To evaluate patient progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To undertake advanced, comprehensive assessments using investigative and analytical skills.
- To act as the patient’s advocate throughout their care programme and promote patient’s empowerment and self-management.
- To communicate complex, patient related, information effectively; to ensure collaborative working with the multidisciplinary team members across all health and social care sectors to achieve a co-ordinated multidisciplinary service.
- To use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with patients in rehabilitation and treatment programmes, and to ensure an understanding of their condition so that patients are supported in self-management of their condition.
- To use SystmOne to maintain accurate patient notes on a daily basis and write reports when required.
Requirements of the Community Occupational Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy.
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist.
- Minimum two years post-qualifying experience working as an Occupational Therapist.
- SystmOne knowledge and experience is essential.
- ELMs (Hertforshire Equipment Service) knowledge and experience is desirable.
- Full driving licence and access to personal vehicle.
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel Islands
This Band 6 Community Occupational Therapist job is advertised by Alex Blackwell; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.