Sanctuary Social Care has a permanent vacancy for an experienced and dedicated Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) to work full-time in Wandsworth. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Local Authority Designated Officer job is £43,833 - £53,115 per annum
- Provide consultancy and advice to staff within Children's Services and other agencies in relation to allegations against staff and volunteers and undertake initial evaluations of all allegations reported, producing a record of advice given.
- To provide clear professional advice in relation to individual case management in line with legislation and best practice guidance to Children's Services staff and other agencies.
- Maintain oversight of cases and ensure that all agreed processes and cases are brought to a managed conclusion, involving and or communicating with employers and Human Resources services at all appropriate stages.
- Be responsible for monitoring progress of cases within set timescales and maintain an up-to-date and confidential database for this purpose, and ensure that all investigations are completed in accordance with the relevant guidance and within the required time-scales.
Requirements of the Local Authority Designated Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
- Ability to chair complex multi agency Allegation against Staff and Volunteers (previously known as strategy)meetings to plan and manage investigations.
- Experience of conducting and/or managing investigations into allegations against staff or volunteers in a paid or unpaid capacity including foster carers.
- Experience of child protection within a statutory local authority setting
This Local Authority Designated Officer job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.