Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Local Area Designated Officer to work full-time in Reading. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Local Area Designated Officer job is £40 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- Ensuring that allegations against people who work with children are properly investigated and dealt with appropriately.
- Chairing of child protection conferences and reviews of children who are looked after by the local authority.
- The post requires someone who can work independently, but also as part of a team of reviewing officers.
- To lead on the operational management of concerns and allegations about people who work with children.
- To ensure that robust systems are in place to give prompt advice on allegation management thresholds.
- To manage and monitor the progress of cases, including through the chairing of Allegations Management Meetings.
- To maintain a contemporaneous recording during and at the conclusion of cases.
- To ensure the conclusion of the concern or allegation is proportionate, fair and contributes to the safeguarding of all children.
- To ensure information and guidance regarding allegations against staff, carers and volunteers is kept up to date and in keeping with statutory guidance and good practice.
Requirements of the Local Area Designated Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children's Services
This Local Area Designated Officer job is advertised by Leon Ali; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.