Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced Interim Assistant Director to work within Children's Social Care and Youth Inclusion based in South West London.
The pay rate for this full-time locum Interim Assistant Director job is £700-800 per day (assignment rate) and has an initial 3/6-month contract.
- Work closely with Cabinet Member(s) for Children, Schools and Families and other members of the Cabinet, and lead opposition and Scrutiny members in developing and reporting on the performance of services within your division and relevant areas of the CYP Plan and in relation to wider issues
- Deputise for the DCS in areas of responsibility and as requested
- Play a full role in the wider leadership of the Council
- Provide professional leadership for children, young people and families to promote family wellbeing and ensure children and young people are effectively safeguarded and protected from emotional, physical, sexual abuse and neglect and ensure a culture of continuous improvement across the safeguarding partners in relation to all areas under your professional leadership and portfolio
- Ensure that the Council, and partners are compliant with all statutory requirements and receive appropriate advice and relevant guidance relating to: child protection; safeguarding, family wellbeing and all other matters as appropriate to the portfolio
- Lead on the council's strategy to safeguard and protect children, prevent children unnecessarily entering the care system and enable children with specific needs to be living in families or other appropriate settings in the community, where their assessed needs are met and reviewed to help them achieve their full potential
- Ensure effective referral and assessment processes into and out of Children's Social Care which are crucial for the safeguarding and wellbeing of children and young people
Requirements of the Interim Corporate Head of Service:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience working within a similar role
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive social work knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
- Free digital copy of the Social Work News Magazine
This Interim Corporate Head of Service job is advertised Billy Holland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.