Would you like to develop your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is looking for an experienced and dedicated Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) to work full-time in Windsor & Maidenhead to Chair Child Protection. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Independent Reviewing Officer job is £42,762 - £46,738 per annum.
Duties of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Promote understanding of the child protection conference process, ensuring that social workers, practitioners and family members understand the purpose of child protection conferences and how they are conducted.
- Chair complex multi-agency and multi-disciplinary child protection conferences, consider the evidence presented to the conference, make judgements about the likelihood of a child suffering significant harm in future, and decide whether the child is at continuing risk of harm.
- Ensure that the conference systematically shares information and elicits and records the views of each agency represented and the views of the parent(s) and child; ensure that the decision-making process takes account of the views of all the agencies represented.
- Ensure that children and young people are encouraged and supported to make a meaningful contribution to their conference where appropriate, and ensure that the voice of the child is actively promoted and their wishes and feelings are fully considered in the conference and any resulting child protection plan.
- Decide whether the child considered at a child protection conference will be made subject to a child protection plan, taking into account the views of the professional network represented at the conference; determine and record which category of abuse or neglect the child considered at the conference has primarily suffered or is primarily likely to suffer.
- Ensure that the child protection conference formulates a safe and suitable outline child protection plan and identifies a multi-agency core group to develop and monitor implementation of the plan.
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience within a similar role
This Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Jamie Bartlett; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.