Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Histology Biomedical Scientist to fill a full-time role based in Eastbourne.
The pay rate for this locum Histology Biomedical Scientist job is £25 - £26 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 12-month contract.
- Be responsible for the delivery of a scientific and technical service that will help achieve the clinical objectives of efficient and effective patient care
- Work as part of a team on a rotational basis in the diagnostic areas of the laboratory performing the delegated work to the required standards
- Undertake their responsibilities within any of the sub-sections of Histology, which include: data entry, gross cut up of tissue samples, embedding, cutting blocks, routine staining (H+E) and mounting, Immunohistochemistry, special stains, input of histology workload onto laboratory computer system
- Participate in the work of the laboratory under the supervision of the Lead Biomedical scientist or a Senior BMS on a rotational basis if required
- Carry out the technical preparations of histological specimens including embedding, section cutting, routine staining, as well as more specialised techniques such as immunohistochemistry and special stains
- Carry out the cutting and staining of specialist frozen sections for rapid diagnosis
- Perform the cutting of frozen sections for specialist staining with fluorescent antibodies to assist with diagnosis
- Undertake quality control of tissue sections using acquired knowledge to match slides, specimen block and request form
- Technically interpret all tissue sections stained for histology and take appropriate actions. i.e. quality control of special stains and immunohistochemical stains
- Carry out corrective action (troubleshoot) when the quality control procedures indicate loss of performance with guidance from a Senior BMS or the Lead Biomedical Scientist
- Prepare reagents required for laboratory investigations
- Undertake routine operative maintenance on laboratory instruments
- Plan and organise their work within the demands of the team and under minimal supervision
- Provide information to appropriate medical staff on technical histology issues
- Report any instance or event which may cause a service delivery failure to the Senior BMS or Lead Biomedical Scientist
- Use the Laboratory Information System (LIMS) according to the authorised protocols
- Comply with good work practices required for the standards of UKAS including Health and Safety
- Undertake work file management to ensure that all work is prepared within the agreed turnaround time
- Assist the Senior BMS’s and Lead biomedical scientist with the supervision of PA’s
- Advise the Senior BMS’s or lead biomedical scientist when stocks of reagents and consumables are approaching minimum stock levels
- Observe and follow health and safety regulations and practices at all times
- Maintain State Registration
Requirements of the Histology Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC registered
- Must have a relevant qualification in biomedical science or alternative qualification
- An experienced Biomedical Scientist in Histology
- Possess and apply a high degree of specialist knowledge in Histology for the preparation and staining of all types of body tissue
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive biomedical science knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Histology Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Tom Baldry; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.