Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Health Improvement Manager to fill a full-time role within an Adults' Services based in Merton.
The pay rate for this locum Health Improvement Manager job is £300 per day (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3-month contract.
- To facilitate the effective linkages between the public health agenda and strategies related to the wider determinants of health e.g. housing, environment health, the environment, community safety, use of outdoor spaces and planning.
- To work with colleagues in public health and planning to creatively use the planning system to maximise health gain.
- Supporting the prevention framework by developing approaches to develop healthy places, which make the healthy choice the easy choice.
- The development of Health Impact Assessments on regeneration programmes and respond to HIA's developed by developers in Merton.
- To contribute to environmental issues that may have a negative effect on health such as air quality and street drinking and to work with partners to develop and implement interventions strategies.
- Implementing best practice programmes around the prevention agenda, particularly those related to the food environment e.g. Healthy Catering Commitment.
- Supporting and promoting healthy workplace initiatives for businesses within the borough.
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Registered on Social Work England.
- Management experience is essential.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality evidence-based pieces of public health work to time and within budget
- Advanced knowledge of the wider determinants or health, particularly the design and management of evidence-based approaches and the performance management of contracts and services.
- Understanding the planning system and specifically how to use it to maximise health gain.
- Public Health skills e.g. MSc in Public Health or related field.
- Experience of project management principles, techniques and tools.
- Experience in building and maintaining good relationships with partners and stakeholders.
- Proactive, motivated and able to work in a busy environment with a professional, calm and efficient manner.
This Health Improvement Manager job is advertised by John Rudland; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.