Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 5 Haematology Biomedical Scientist to fill a full-time role in Eastbourne. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Biomedical Scientist practices' and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Biomedical Scientist job is £20 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 3-month contract.
Duties of the Biomedical Scientist:
- Follow the standard operating procedures and to participate in their regular review and update
- To plan and organise their work irrespective of hour to suit the demands of the Trust and department and, when required, to schedule tasks for staff under the post holders supervision.
- To safely handle, use or dispose of blood and hazardous chemicals.
- Undertake operative maintenance on laboratory instruments and equipment, as directed in SOPs, prior to them being used for patient investigations.
- To carry out first line equipment and method troubleshooting, advise line manager of situations requiring further action, work with service engineers on fault resolution
- Prepare, store, use and implement effective stock control for reagents and consumables required for laboratory investigations. To monitor minimum stock levels and to take appropriate action should those levels be approached.
Requirements of the Biomedical Scientist:
- HCPC registered as a biomedical scientist
- Must have a relevant qualification in biomedical science (BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science or alternative qualification)
- Post qualifying experience as a biomedical scientist within a similar role
Benefits of Working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive biomedical science knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place after 100 hours of work has been completed
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support with a specialist safeguarding team
- In-house payroll system
This Biomedical Scientist job is advertised by Ben Cox; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.