Would you like to develop your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is looking for an experienced and dedicated Fostering Reviewing Officer (IRO) to work full-time in Croydon. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Fostering Reviewing Officer job is £45,585 - £47,511 per annum.
Duties of the Fostering Reviwing Officer:
- To take ownership for scheduling, chairing and management oversight of complex Annual Reviews of Foster Carers in accordance with regulatory requirements and practice guidance.
- To set timescales for receiving completed reports from Team Managers ensuring they have been shared with foster carers prior to the review date.
- To implement support, supervision and training for Foster Carers are of good quality, are deliverable and with measurable outcomes designed to meet the needs of individual children.
- To regularly monitor the support offered by the SSW and review supervision records, management oversight and challenge the practice of the SSW and Team Manager. To set SMART objectives and escalate concerns to the Service Manager.
- To recommend referrals to the LADO, Fostering Panel or Service Manager (as appropriate). To make managers aware of any cases that may give cause for concern due to drift, conflict, practice or any other reason.
- To challenge the practice of SSW and Team Managers to ensure complaints and allegations are managed appropriately, quality of care provided and to visit foster carers and speak to children ensuring implementation of the National Minimum Standards are adhered to.
- To provide advice and consultation on issues of quality and to undertake the role of Panel Advisor to the Fostering Panel.
Requirements of the Fostering Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience within a similar role
This Fostering Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Neil Clements; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.