Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Director of Social Care to fill a full-time role within Children's Service based in Reading.
The pay rate for this permanent Director of Social Care job is £80,309 - £93,812 per annum.
- To lead services so that outcomes for vulnerable children are delivered and that timely and effective statutory services are in place for children in need, children requiring protection, and high-quality services and support are in place for children in care and leaving care.
- To provide strategic leadership and management of the organisation as a member of the Children's Services Senior Leadership Team
- To promote customer service as a core value and to ensure that policies and strategies reflect this. To develop strong and influential networks and partnerships that address the drive for innovation and development.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, contribute to the formation and implementation of the strategic direction of Children's Social including policy framework, prioritisation and business planning, to ensure the organisation is well placed to deliver relevant and responsive children's services.
- Strategically lead on the provision of excellent children's social care services that meet statutory requirements and comply with the strategic direction, policy framework and financial limits; provide effective and visible leadership to create a highly motivated service that works collaboratively to deliver improved outcomes for children and young people.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective partnership working arrangements with key partners and stakeholders, including Elected Members, schools, health services, the Police and voluntary sector organisations.
- Develop and support a culture of innovation and enterprise so that individual services are child focused, flexible and adaptable and the whole organisation learns from success as well as what has not worked well, shares knowledge about what works, builds on existing practice and develops new models of service delivery.
- A recognised and relevant professional social work qualification (Degree / Diploma in Social Work).
- Registered on Social Work England.
- Management experience is essential.
- Evidence of putting children and young people first.
- Approachable with the ability to build commitment and foster strong team ethos.
- Evidence of working in partnership to improve services.
- Evidence of focusing on performance, quality and innovation.
- Evidence of listening and learning to develop an organisation.
- Evidence of championing inclusion and valuing diversity.
- Strong leadership style that enthuses and inspires others.
- Committed to acting corporately and collaboratively - inside and outside the organisation.
- High level of drive and motivation to achieve.
- Outcome and achievement focused.
- Political sensitivity and awareness.
- Committed to modern, enterprising public sector ethos.
This Director of Social Care job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.