Sanctuary Social Care has an exciting and unique job vacancy for a Deputy Manager to join a new Children's Assessment Unit and Therapeutic Care Project in partnership with Innovate Services based in Blackpool. This is a unique setting of 4 children age 11-16.
The successful candidate will support a new provision that works with a small group of children in care.
This is a fixed-term contract for an initial 12 months with a projected start date of mid-October but could be extended. Depending on experience, you will receive a salary of up to £32,500 per annum. The successful Deputy Manager will receive a holiday allowance of 28 days per year excluding Bank Holidays. Flexible working is available.
Purpose of the role:
- To assist the Home Manager in line management of all care staff within the home.
- To provide a supportive, nurturing delivery of therapeutic residential childcare in accordance with policies & procedures and the Innovative Therapeutic Model.
- To lead by example and maintain good professional practices in accordance with the quality standards for children's homes.
- To be held accountable for the safety and wellbeing of the team members and young people, whilst on shift with them.
- To help create a supportive and positive environment for each young person in reference to their safety, health and education.
- To support in the primary tasks that assist the assessment and outreach process.
- Ensure safeguarding of all young people underpins every decision made, and this is also displayed in practice throughout the teams.
- To ensure the home and resources, including the staff, are adequate to meet the needs of the young people placed, whilst seeking the views of the placing authorities and person with parental responsibility.
Key Elements of the role:
- To attend management meetings when required by your Home manager, ensuring the relevant data is brought to each meeting as required.
- To contribute, develop, review and maintain young person's Therapeutic Care Plans and Risk Assessments, ensuring key worker sessions, weekly/monthly updates are adhered to.
- To ensure that children moving in, review meetings and transitions out are in line with the assessment process.
- To ensure that all areas of health of a young person are met, recorded, reviewed and actioned.
- To form effective relationships with young people, their families (if appropriate) and external agencies to ensure that: A caring environment is maintained. Their emotional and physical needs are met. Opportunities for the development of young people are maximised.
- To ensure that young people's views and wishes are sought and acted upon where appropriate.
- To ensure that good quality records are maintained as required by using the Clear Care system
Essential requirements of the Deputy Manager:
- NVQ/Diploma Level 4 in caring for young people or equivalent
- Experience of working with adolescents
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in a senior capacity within a children's residential setting
- Experience of deputising in the managers absence
- Have an understanding and experience of working with children with emotional behavioural difficulties and challenging behaviour
- Experience of supervising staff
Previous experience of working in a therapeutic environment would be desirable.
To be part of this up and coming project, please apply now to secure a virtual interview.