Would you like to develop your social work career?
Sanctuary Social Care is looking for an experienced and dedicated Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO)/Child Protection Chair to work full-time in Bedford. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Social Work Practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The pay rate for this locum Independent Reviewing Officer job is £38 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an initial 6-month contract.
- To chair child protection conferences and statutory reviews for looked after children in accordance with the Children Act 1989, Independent Reviewing Officer Guidance, requirements of the Children and Adoption Act 2002, Care Planning Regulations & Independent Reviewing Officer Handbook 2010, Children Leaving Care Act 2000, Children Act 2004, Working Together 2015, and develop outcome focussed plans.
- To provide consultation to the wider service and partner agencies on practice issues within the team's areas of expertise including child protection procedures, safeguarding children, children looked after, vulnerable children and permanency and care planning.
Requirements of the Independent Reviewing Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant experience within a similar role
This Independent Reviewing Officer job is advertised by Tom Loomes; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.