Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse to work full-time based in Hillingdon. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of Mental Health Nursing and be registered with the NMC.
The pay rate for this locum Community Psychiatric Nurse role is £25 - £26.50 per hour (Assignment Rate) and is a 3-month contract.
- To provide a range of specialist services to problem drinkers and problematic drug users attending the service/unit, including harm minimisation approaches, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention, health education, detoxification programmes and key working.
- To make continuous assessments, of the psychological, emotional, social and rehabilitative needs of clients, taking into account the needs of the family, local community and developing systematic plans for care and evaluation of treatment plans.
- To provide case management and direct clinical care to a defined number of clients as agreed with the Team Co-ordinator. This includes assessment, planning and providing specialist care. It is expected that the caseload will consist of clients of complexed needs.
- To use agreed and established Outcome Monitoring Tools and any other relevant quality measures. To counsel individuals about their substance use, using motivational interviewing, relapse management and other evidence-based interventions.
Requirements of the Community Psychiatric Nurse:
- Valid NMC registration under Mental Health
- Experience in community mental health desired, preferably 2 years post-qualifying experience
- A degree or equivalent within Mental Health Nursing (RMN trained)
This Community Psychiatric Nurse job is advertised by Andrew Cleeve; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.