Sanctuary Health is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 8b Clinical Psychologist to work based in Berkshire.
The pay rate for this locum Clinical Psychologist job is £42 per hour (Assignment rate) and is a 12-month contract.
- The post holder will lead the Clinical Health Psychology Pain Management Service, which will offer clinical health psychology input to patients under the Royal Berkshire Foundation NHS Trust Pain Management Service at the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
- The clinical health psychology team works as part of the interdisciplinary service alongside consultant physicians and physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals to provide a multidisciplinary treatment programme.
- The post holder will also have leadership responsibilities for the chronic fatigue service.
- The team also provides specialist placements for trainee clinical psychologists as part of their doctoral training.
- The post holder will lead on the development of the Clinical Health Psychology Pain Management Programme to provide psychological services to patients under the care of the RBH pain management service.
- The post holder will provide and supervise specialist psychological assessment for patients with persistent pain who are referred to the pain management service.
- The post holder will provide and supervise specialist psychological intervention to patients with long-term physical health conditions, who are under the care of RBH services where they have commissioned a clinical health psychology service, with a view to: facilitating acceptance of/adjustment to their condition; reducing patient distress, anxiety and depression; adjustment to the loss of eating and body image issues, managing pain and fatigue, to optimise coping, self-management and health related quality of life; and to provide psychological support to family members/carers.
- The post holder will liaise with other services e.g. adult mental health teams, social care, community services offering healthcare to individuals who are under the care of the RBH pain management service.
Requirements of the Clinical Psychologist:
- Current HCPC registration as a Clinical or Counselling Psychologist
- Post-graduate doctorate in clinical or counselling psychology (or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or those in lateral transfer) as accredited by the BPS
This Clinical Psychologist job is advertised by Dan Potts; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.