Sanctuary Personnel, a leading recruitment company to the private and public sector has a permanent vacancy for a Children’s Senior Social Worker to work based in Blackpool, within the Practice Development Team.
The salary for this permanent Children’s Senior Social Worker job is £39,880 - £43,857 per annum.
- Support the Team Manager in the effective and efficient running of the team bringing added value through experience
- Ensure that children and young people are safeguarded and protected from harm, and positive outcomes are promoted through timely intervention
- Work collaboratively with partner agencies, children, young people and their families to assess their needs and plan and deliver services in accordance with Blackpool Children Services policies and procedures
- Support the implementation of the Accreditation and Assessment Criteria as proposed by the Department for Education Knowledge and Skills Statement
- Carry a complex caseload
- Coach and mentor less experienced staff including Family Workers and Newly Qualified Social Workers undertaking their Assessed Year Supported Employment
- Support the Team Manager, Senior Managers and Principal Social Worker with Continuous Professional Development and promote learning environment that encourages learning and utilises evidence informed practice
- Work within current legislation as well as the procedural framework of Blackpool Council Children’s Services
- Ensure through effective leadership that partnership working with children and families is at the core of practice
- Promote practice that builds effective relationships with children and families to understand their needs and views and ensure co production and participation is embedded in practice
- Maintain and provide expertise in specialist assessment and intervention, acting as a resource to others within the organisation, for example, AIM assessments, practice educator responsibilities
- Support workers to develop expertise in a range of interventions for service users in accordance with statutory/regulatory and operational standards, policy and procedures for the service, promoting use of evidence, research and theory to support practice in complex and changing circumstances
- Make pro-active use of own personal supervision to extend effective practice, reflection and career development and to meet the objectives of Individual Performance Appraisal and promote this culture in the workforce
- Provide reflective support to staff as relevant to the needs of the team, e.g. support staff induction, newly qualified social workers, students, as part of further learning identified through audits
Requirements of the Children’s Senior Social Worker:
- Professional Qualification in relevant specialism e.g. Social Work Practice: Degree/DIPSW, Probation
- Registration with HCPC or other professional body, where appropriate
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Children’s Services
- Enhanced check with a Children’s Barred List check
- Be able to communicate effectively in highly charged, complex or challenging circumstances and support staff to learn these skills within Early Help, Children in Need, Child Protection and Children in our Care and Court arenas
- PQ Child Care Award
- Trained as a Practice Educator
- Significant knowledge of working within a legislative framework which is underpinned by Statute and promotes the welfare and safeguarding of Children and Young People
- Substantial knowledge of the application of the continuum of need
- Significant knowledge of Social Work Theory and Research with the ability to use and inform evidence based practice including Blackpool’s operational model, risk sensible and resilience framework
- Substantial knowledge of the principles of Early Help
- Substantial knowledge of undertaking complex assessments in relation to, sexual, physical, emotional abuse and neglect and parents’ capacity to effect change and protect in order to oversee and quality assure these going forward
- Substantial knowledge in order to chair complex meetings and /or present information in a concise professional manner in at times emotionally charged forums, including Early Help, Child in Need, Child protection, Children in Care and court arenas/forums
- Substantial knowledge in working with families with multifaceted needs, including Substance Misuse, Domestic abuse and poor Emotional Wellbeing
- Substantial knowledge of managing risks and promoting positive outcomes for children and their families
- Substantial knowledge of assessing, planning and reviewing individual needs of children, young people and families and intervening and an appropriate level to ensure positive outcomes and permanence is secured within a timely manner
- Considerable knowledge of adult learning theory
This Children’s Senior Social Worker job is advertised by Ashley Eales; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.