Sanctuary Personnel, an innovative and committed recruitment agency is currently looking for a dedicated and experienced Advanced Social Worker to work based in Swindon, within the Self Neglect & Hoarding Adult Social Care Team.
The salary for this permanent Advanced Social Worker role is £38,000 per annum.
- Undertake assessments, determine care packages / support plans and manage a large and complex caseload to maintain or improve the wellbeing of individuals in line with agreed service procedures and national legislation. Professionally supervise and support other colleagues.
- Participate in and where appropriate chair meetings of internal / external partners and other agencies, Best Interest decision maker, or facilitation of this, CHC joint decision-making panels, etc.
- Take a lead role in promoting safeguarding within the team in line with Swindon policy and procedures for safeguarding adults. Perform Investigating Officer and Enquiry Manager role including Section 42 (Care Act) enquiries, as required, usually in complex and / or multiagency working situations.
- Manage a small caseload of complex work, using person centred practice principles to assess, support plan and review with the aim of promoting well-being and positive risk taking of individuals.
- Ensure that personal practice is in line with current legislation, including The Care Act (2014), The Mental Capacity Act (2005) and The Mental Health Act (1983) and local policies and procedures, as relevant to the role.
- To provide practice and professional leadership, support and supervision for social workers and social care staff in adult care teams.
- To uphold standards of practice for social workers as defined by the Health and Care Professions Council and in accordance with the BASW Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Workers.
- Provide practice and professional leadership through the development of evidence informed practice, quality assurance, staff development, knowledge development and management.
- Provide constructive challenge to others at all levels in the organisation to enhance practice, procedures and policies, promote innovation and evidence-informed practice, and introduce improved ways of working into their work settings (e.g. knowledge transfer from other sites of excellence).
- Contribute to knowledge in field of practice, and make use of sophisticated, critical reasoning.
- Provide professional support to social workers, assistant care managers and other team members, including development of skills, knowledge and experience and addressing performance issues.
Requirements of the Advanced Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work.
- Current Social Work England registration.
- Post graduate qualification in a relevant area, e.g. Practice Educator or Best Interests Assessor or Approved Mental Health Professional.
- Evidence of or commitment to Leadership or Manager training / qualifications.
- Significant relevant professional experience post qualification in a similar work environment.
- Evidence of professional development including contributing to the development and learning of others individually and as part of a team.
- Experience of supervision, appraisal and professional development of staff.
- Excellent ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications and specialist systems.
- Experience of multi-disciplinary and partnership working and awareness of the issues involved.
- Knowledge of financial assessment processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver training.
- Accurate record keeping and report writing.
This Advanced Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.