Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Advanced Social Worker to work full-time in Swindon in an Adults' Learning Disability Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Adults' Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Advanced Social Worker job is £38,000 up to £40,000 per annum.
- To provide practice and professional leadership, support and supervision for social workers and social care staff in adult care teams.
- Provide practice and professional leadership through the development of evidence-informed practice, quality assurance, staff development, knowledge development and management, and will also help to influence and contribute to strategic development in the organisation.
- Working both directly with people in highly complex situations, and by supporting staff to provide better outcomes for people who use services, families, carers and communities.
- work within a multi-disciplinary framework with individuals living within a variety of settings to maximise their independence and life opportunities. Alongside the completion of Care Act assessments and reviews, this team offers an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills in the areas of capacity, DoLs and court work.
Requirements of the Advanced Social Worker:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within Adults' Services
- Extensive knowledge, skills and experience of working within the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, Deprivation of Liberty safeguards and the court arena. You will be responsible for managing a complex caseload and will be routinely involved in the supervision or oversight of others.
- Experience of, and a passion to work with, individuals who have a learning disability. Demonstrating a commitment to providing a person centred and strengths based approach to their work to enable individuals to maximise their independence and life opportunities.
- 2 years or more post qualifying learning and development in a relevant area, e.g. Practice Educator, Best Interests Assessor or Approved Mental Health Professional.
This Advanced Social Worker job is advertised by Zehnn Young; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.