Sanctuary Social Care has permanent vacancy for an Advanced Practitioner to work full-time based in Northamptonshire, within the Duty and Assessment Team. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in Children's Services and be registered with Social Work England.
The salary for this permanent Advanced Practitioner role is £41,318 - £43,273 per annum.
Duties of the Advanced Practitioner:
- Work independently to hold and effectively manage a small complex caseload. This will include the most high risk, high need, looked after children; a range of high profile court work and specialist assessments and interventions as required.
- Undertake high quality direct work with children, young people and families, involving all key family members and prioritising children and young people's safety. Work using Signs of Safety methodology, which works collaboratively with families to empower them to find solutions whilst ensuring working within the policies, procedures of Children's Services and regulatory standards
- Lead on family network meetings and case mappings. Carry out in depth and ongoing family assessment of social need and manage risk to children, with particular focus on parental capacity and capacity to change
- Co-work specialist assessments with less experienced members of the team to ensure that they improve and develop
- To assist the Team Manager in the recruitment, induction, supervision and appraisal of team members and in the effective management performance in accordance with the council's policies and procedures.
- Recognise harm and risk indictors of different forms of harm to children relating to sexual, physical and emotional abuse and neglect. Consider the possibility of Child Sexual Exploitation, grooming (on and offline), female genital mutilation, enforced marriage and the range of adult behaviours which pose a risk to children, recognising too the potential for children to be perpetrators of abuse.
- Use reflective supervision, research and other guidance to recognising one's own professional limitations and how and when to seek advice from a range of sources, including senior practice leaders and other clinical practitioners from a range of disciplines. The post holder will work in conjunction with senior staff and managers through available support systems (supervision, appraisal, mentoring, co-working and work shadowing).
Requirements of the Advanced Practitioner:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current Social Work England registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within children's services
- Evidence of seeking out continual professional development opportunities to include leadership, supervision, mentoring, coaching
- Full driving license to be able to drive to customers and meetings across a large geographical area.
- Knowledge of the range of services which are available to children and families and of the organisational framework within which they are provided
This Advanced Practitioner job is advertised by Lucy Pearson; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.