how do I contact social work England, social work England contact details, social work England email address, social work England phone number, 0808 196 2274,

How do I contact Social Work England?

By Luke Aldred

​If you’re an overseas social worker who’s considering continuing your career in England, you’ll need to register with Social Work England to be able to practice here.

Social Work England is the specialist regulator for social work in the country (previously regulated by the Health & Care Professions Council). It is an independent public protection body that sets professional, education and training standards for social workers and is committed to raising standards through collaboration with everyone involved in social work.

There might be a few different reasons as to why you need to get in touch with Social Work England (note that it’s experiencing a high volume of enquiries at the moment, as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic).

General Social Work England contact details:

Online account guide

Once you’ve registered with Social Work England, it’s recommended you activate your online account as soon as possible to prevent any delays. The renewal period is 1 September – 30 November, during which you must apply to renew your registration via your online account.

Feedback and complaints

Social Work England is committed to providing the best service it can in all the interactions it has with those who use its service. It’s keen to receive feedback, including complaints, to help its team learn from mistakes and to improve the quality of its services.

Subject Access Requests

You have the legal right to request a copy of the information Social Work England holds about you, in-line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA).


If you’re a social worker and a concern has been raised about you, and you need support (financial, legal or emotional), there are a number of organisations that can help.

You have a concern

If you want to raise a concern about a fellow social worker, you can use this online form.

We have provided details around maintaining your Social Work England registration, or you can visit our help pages for more information around overseas worker requirements.