Sanctuary Personnel, a leading and award winning recruitment agency is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Band 6 Wheelchair Therapist (Occupational Therapist/Physiotherapist) to work in Maidenhead on a full-time basis.
The pay rate for this locum Wheelchair Therapist job is £25 per hour (Assignment rate) and is an ongoing contract.
- Assessing patient needs
- Researching types of equipment and prescribing for manual / powered wheelchairs and supportive equipment
- Working with professionals including social care and education to determine equipment suited to multiple needs
- Ensuring timeliness of provision to prevent delays in hospital discharge and work towards enabling patient wellbeing and independence
- Ensuring that any equipment provided presents value for money
- Carry out appropriate seating assessments, including specialist seating, pressure mapping and prescribe appropriate equipment
- Research equipment in terms of suitability specific to patient needs whilst providing value for money
- Carry out assessments either in clinic, patients home, school or workplace; and ensure that all required assessment, risk forms and patient records are updated and maintained in line with organisational governance and protocol
- Ensure that patients and their carers are appropriately trained in the use and upkeep of the equipment and understand (where possible) and sign up to the contract for the loan of the equipment
- Refer to a specialist seating service or consultant if the patient’s needs cannot be met locally, and to carry out this role in conjunction with the relevant partners and the clinical lead for the mobility service
- Ensure that removal of any stock is accounted for
Requirements of the Wheelchair Therapist:
- Degree or equivalent within Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- HCPC registered as an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
- Recent NHS experience either pre or post qualification
Benefits of working for Sanctuary Personnel:
- Daily payroll
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to exclusive roles that aren't available with other agencies
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive occupational therapy/physiotherapy knowledge
- Refer a Friend bonus - get £250 for each candidate you refer who we successfully place
- Find your own job bonus - Receive £250 for bringing your own position to us
- Clinical governance support
- In house payroll system
- Industry-leading shift booking system
- Nationwide coverage including the Channel islands
This Wheelchair Therapist job is advertised by Ross Welton; if you are interested in this position please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
As a pioneer of diverse recruitment, Sanctuary Personnel is proud to encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds as our pool of candidates is very much reflective of the clients that candidates will support within their role. This very much played a significant in previously winning ‘Best Candidate Care’ at the Recruiter Awards as well being a two-time finalist for the same award.
Sanctuary takes great pride in building candidate and client relationships that promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI).
With recruitment consultants and all other employees undertaking annual online training on EDI and many other compliance training courses, Sanctuary is best-placed to undertake a fair and thorough selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.